We're pleased to announce a fellowship through Miami Book Fair for one Kundiman Fellow to attend the Miami Writers Institute from May 4 - 7.
For non-fellows and those who are not interested in the scholarship, registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Asian Pacific Islander Fellowship (valued at $1,150) includes the following:
Full registration fee ($550 value):
- Creative writing workshop with an award-winning author
- Admission to craft talks by all teaching faculty
- 2-day publishing seminar with the Book Doctors
- Admission to Pitchapalooza
- One free drink at welcome happy hour
- Continental breakfast and boxed lunch
- Admission to lunchtime readings every day
- Invitation to First Draft with one free drink
Lodging for 5 nights at the official conference hotel ($600 value)
The fellowship is open by application only to past and present Kundiman fellows at any stage in their career. Miami Writers Institute staff will choose the recipient. To apply, submit the following application materials by Sunday, April 3. Please include all materials in a single document.
- Statement of interest demonstrating financial need. Please state your preferred workshop. (1 page)
- Brief writing sample (3 poems OR 10 pages of prose)
- Contact information (name, phone, email)
Email all applications to Marci Cancio-Bello at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Kundiman Fellowship” in the subject line. Decisions will be announced after April 15.
More about the Miami Writers Institute here.